Friday, May 15, 2015

Hi & Good-Bye at the same time

   Or at least that is what it seemed like In meeting Pete Petersen of the Presidio Yacht Club.
As it was almost a year before, that I had meet him at the temperatory position I held at the West Marine store in Marin City,  north of San Francisco.
   I had the privalige of working with his son, Kevin, in the same department and it was through Kevin that I meet Pete.  
    Over the last year, Pete and I have had a number of conversations from Sailboat re-fits to racing, and it was durring one of those conversations that I found that Pete belonged to Presidio Yacht Club,  One of San Francisco's Finest organizations.  
    It was then that Ramona and I decided that the Presidio Yacht Club was the one club we would like to represent durring our travels. The people, the place and the legacy of the Presidio Yacht Club are one that we are proud to be part of.
    And to soon did we have to say Good-Bye to our newly found friends , as the re-fit on our boat was done and it was time to move on.
   But with us in our travels, we'll fly the Burgee Proudly, and take with us the memories of the friends we made at the PYC
.

No comments:

Post a Comment