Tuesday, August 13, 2013

SUMMER 2013

   The days of summer have reached their peak, August is here and even though the refit is being done, its coming along slowly..  The transmition has been replace as well as the shaft log.  The rear seal will have to wait until we pull the motor in the future.
   Five months have come and gone without leaving the dock which has left both of us looking for freedom again.
   I often find myself dreaming of  ocean swells, and days aboard watching the life pass us by in nautical miles and at night when its quite, I can close my eyes and almost smell the salt air as the evening breeze builds.
   I can see it in Ramona also, when  she wears a blank look on her face and I know she's somewhere beyond the shore, enjoying the peaceful life at sea.
   Time is working against us at times but we know as it passes, we'll soon be headed out again, the seasons will change, and when the flowers bloom in the spring, we'll lose the lines that bind us to this dock and live our dreams again.

No comments:

Post a Comment